Thursday, June 14, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}... The Trial Run

round button chicken

I've wanted to do this for months. Now that summer is finally here, I'm going to try it, but don't hold your breath for the next one. They are supposed to come out every Thursday, but I'm pretty good at forgetting my blog as soon as I decide to start writing consistently.

This *should* be easy... pick a few photos to go with the words "pretty, happy, funny, real." I'm not a big writer but I do love taking photos, so maybe I can do this. We'll see!

{pretty}


Morgan and Parker took a ballet/lyrical class at our homeschool co-op this term. Oh, how I love those dresses and those smiles!


Morgan took ballet when she was between 3 and 6 years old and then decided she hated it and never wanted to do it again. This year, she renewed her interest and took one class at a studio, in addition to her co-op dance classes. I know nothing of proper form, but I know this photo makes me so happy to see her back on stage and working so hard at something she has grown to love again.

{happy)


Parker's 10th birthday- Girls' day out. Parker and Gianna went to the movies, out to lunch, and got their first manicures together. It's not so easy to see here, but they just loved the nail art that was applied free-of-charge as a gift for Parker. :)


{funny}

Oh, that face!! Jalen agreed to be a walking billboard for 20 minutes at the Motor City Comic Con in order to get a free tshirt!

{real}


Oh, goodness, is this REAL? Luke and Sarah took their driver's test a couple of days apart and then went to the Secretary of State to get their licenses together. I can't believe he is driving (but aren't they so cute with their temp. licenses?!).

And also in the {real} category, we are in a very real fight for our freedom in America. On Friday, we went to the "Stand Up for Religious Freedom" rally in Ann Arbor. We had over 1,200 people there and there were more than 150 rallies that day all over the U.S.

I did it! I finished ONE {p,h,f,r} post... see you next week (maybe).

God bless.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The walking billboard is classic!! Awesome pics :)

John and Kelli said...

Thanks, Stephanie! OK, so I am totally new at this... how did you find this post so fast? I am not seeing my link on the bottom of the LMLD blog yet. :(